qUotes for the week

Try to use these wherever possible and let me know how it works for you...

"Say what now..."











Monday, February 11, 2008

nO tRANSpass fOR THat A**

Well readers... today I was going to grace you with a true story from a most interesting weekend... ok I'm still going to... but first you have to hear this...

As you all know from the back issues of "truestoriesbyj", I have had some car trouble from which I decided to take advantage of a mass transit system ran by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority other wise known as SEPTA...

A friend of mine was nice enough to let me have his monthly transpass since I have to go back and forth to work... So I was using the transpass for at least a week now with no trouble... until...

I get on the 36 trolley and I swipe the transpass and the bus driver says, "Come here... you cant use a male transpass" The way she said it you would have thought she was a bouncer for the devil. So I said, " but I already swiped and what difference does it make" She looked at me from the top of her glasses and said, "your not a man so you cant use it"... So I paid $2... If I would have got off I would have been late for work... So of course I used the transpass 3 more time that same day and had no problems... I even used it on the weekend. This morning another bus driver wouldn't let me use it because... I am not a man... And now the Tellem' Why you mad...

SEPTA has a space on their transpasses that says "not valid". They place a sticker over this space which has a M (for male) or F(for female) which tells you that the transpass is valid from SEPTA. My question is. What is the big f*ckin deal? lets say these were being used for statistical purposes... can you imagine that Board meeting...

"So how many male transpasses did we sell this month?" "..10,000"

"How many female?" "... 12,000"

"So more females use SEPTA than males this month... Wow our lives are so much better knowing this information"

COME ON!!! are you serious? how about NOT use stickers and save money? or lower the prices of tokens since money wont be being used to purchase stickers and ink that say M or F... Or Keep your little stickers and put a stick figure symbol on it or a picture of the employee of the month... Hey its valid right...

Better yet, what if I was in the process of having a sex change and decided to buy my monthly male tanspass now... How dare you tell me I can use my transpass because I'm not a male...

What if a Husband purchased a transpass and no longer needed and gives it to his wife or daughter... Are you telling me a perfectly good, hard earned money, SEPTA transpass just goes to waste? and for what?

I road the METRO system in New York a few times and guess what... no Male or Female stamped passes there... There passes are valid because the passes are made from a METRO system to work on METRO transportation... more importantly, they dont care... true story!

2 comments:

sonofLove said...

you posed to cover the sticker while you're slidin the pass so the driver won't notice.

the stickers is supposed to be a theft deterrent so Fs who steal passes from Ms and Ms who steal passes from Fs will be caught. and so that SEPTA can ensure that two or more people arent using the same pass.

dumb.

it's not like if your transpass is stolen, and is recovered it will be returned to you.

so, i don't understand what the big deal is - the ride is still being paid for.

i stick to tokens cuz, i look like an 8 yr old boy and i dont feel like having my gender on trial every time i wanna go somewhere.
...plus, i like the sound tokens make.

so anyway, just cover that sticker up inconspicuously.

Unknown said...

Well, I see things really haven't changed with the public bus situation, huh? lol I mean first Rosa now you... This is truely an OUTRAGE! I say we boycott SEPTA! Better yet, every M give their transpass to a F and vise versa!

Thats why I live in the country. Your car breaks down you just call off! Besides we don't have real SEPTA buses, they use cheese buses! Now ain't that somethin!